- Payment is due at the time of scheduling online through Acuity Scheduling.
- Lessons are scheduled through Acuity Scheduling on the Lesson Rates Page.
- 24 hour notice is required for cancellation of lessons or you will not be able to get that lesson back. We expect you to cancel the lesson through Acuity or it will be counted as a no-show and forfeited.
- Emergency Absence: If you experience a sudden illness, accident, or other serious emergency, and must cancel less than 24 hours in advance, we still require that you call us.(Contact your instructor).
- Frequent Absences: If you cancel your scheduled lessons frequently for whatever reason, we will need to work out a better schedule.
- Late Arrival: You must contact your instructor if you are running late for your lesson. If you are more than 15 minutes late, it will be considered a “no show” and you will be charged for the lesson.
- Lesson Packages: Lessons must be taken within the 35 day period from the start of the lesson package purchase.
- Missed lessons must be rescheduled within 30 days or will be forfeited.
- Appropriate attire including an approved riding helmet, long, close fitting pants, and socks that cover the ankles, and a low-heeled boot or shoe, (no Western boots or tennis shoes, please).
- Rider Grooming: Hair should be pulled back in a low ponytail or braid and out of the face.
- Attire for Jumping: Gloves and half chaps are mandatory for jumping lessons.
- We expect parents of students under the age of 10 to assist their children to catch, groom, and tack their horse. Instruction and assistance will be provided.
- Weather Cancellations: Please call for the status of lessons in the event of bad weather, 817-683-5610. Our guidelines for weather related lesson cancellations are as follows:
- The temperature is under 40 degrees or over 100 degrees, only at instructor discretion.
- High winds
- Anticipated storms
In the case of rain, lessons may still continue in the covered arena. Please contact your instructor.
Arrival Time: Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before the lesson. Riders are expected to learn to catch, groom, and tack their horse. Riders should be on time for their lesson. If the rider is more than 10 minutes late for their lesson, the lesson may be cancelled and charged as a no-show.
Parents are expected to assist their children who are unable to catch and tack up their horse independently. There will be mandatory “tack up” classes available to instruct parents who are unfamiliar with horses. If you are unable to assist your child, a helper will be provided for an extra fee.
Late Arrivals: Lessons will begin on time. If you are more than 15 minutes preparing for the lesson, your lesson will have to be forfeited.
Departure Time: Please plan to allow 15-20 minutes after the lesson to properly care for your horse. If not being used in a following lesson, your horse or pony will need to be untacked, brushed or hose down in warmer weather, and returned to their pasture. Please check with the instructor after the lesson for directions.
All students and parents must read and agree to our Barn Rules and our Lesson Rules & Guidelines.
All students must sign and submit a liability waiver form. Please print the liability waiver form which is due on the first class date. Minors must have parental/guardian permission to ride.