- Payment is due at the time of lesson and at the first class of each month.
- Lessons are scheduled through Trinity River Farm & Equestrian Center: Please call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-683-5610.
- 24 hour notice is required for cancellation of lessons or you will be expected to pay for the lesson. We expect you to call to cancel the lesson or it will be counted as a no-show and forfeited.
- Emergency Absence: If you experience a sudden illness, accident, or other serious emergency, and must cancel less than 24 hours in advance, we still require that you call us.(We require a phone call, not a text message).
- Frequent Absences: If you cancel your scheduled lessons frequently for whatever reason, we will not be able to hold your time spot.
- Late Arrival: You must call us (no texting) if you are running late for your lesson. If you are more than 15 minutes late, it will be considered a “no show” and you will be charged for the lesson.
- Lesson Packages: Lessons must be taken within the 4 week period from the start of the lesson package purchase.
- Missed lessons must be rescheduled within 30 days or will be forfeited.
- Appropriate attire including an approved riding helmet, long, close fitting pants, and socks that cover the ankles, and a low-heeled boot or shoe, (no Western boots or tennis shoes, please).
- Rider Grooming: Hair should be pulled back in a low ponytail or braid and out of the face.
- Attire for Jumping: Gloves and half chaps are mandatory for jumping lessons.
- We expect parents of students under the age of 10 to assist their children to catch, groom, and tack their horse. Instruction and assistance will be provided.
- Weather Cancellations: Please call for the status of lessons in the event of bad weather, 817-683-5610. Our guidelines for weather related lesson cancellations are as follows:
- The temperature is under 40 degrees
- The temperature is over 100 degrees
- High winds
- Anticipated storms
In the case of rain, lessons may still continue in the covered arena. Please call to confirm.
Arrival Time: Please plan to arrive 20-30 minutes before the lesson. Riders are expected to learn to catch, groom, and tack their horse. Riders should be on time for their lesson. If the rider is more than 10 minutes late for their lesson, the lesson may be cancelled and charged as a no-show.
Parents are expected to assist their children who are unable to catch and tack up their horse independently. There will be mandatory “tack up” classes available to instruct parents who are unfamiliar with horses. If you are unable to assist your child, a helper will be provided for an extra fee.
Late Arrivals: Lessons will begin on time. If you are more than 15 minutes preparing for the lesson, your lesson will have to be rescheduled or forfeited.
Checking In: Either the student or parent is required to sign in using the lesson sign in book kept at the arena.
Departure Time: Please plan to allow 15-20 minutes after the lesson to properly care for your horse. If not being used in a following lesson, your horse or pony will need to be untacked, brushed or hose down in warmer weather, and returned to their pasture. Please check with the instructor after the lesson for directions.
All students and parents must read and agree to our Barn Rules and our Lesson Rules & Guidelines.
All students must sign and submit a liability waiver form. Please print the liability waiver form which is due on the first class date. Minors must have both parents/guardians sign the form to grant permission to ride.